Healthy Diet Plans – It’s Easier Than You Think
It’s an age-old question: What do I need to eat to lose weight? Unfortunately, what many of us are really asking for is a short-term, quick path to weight loss, better known as a fad diet. The trouble with fad diets is that they rarely work, and they are not nutritionally sound. Worst of all, if you do manage to reach your weight loss goal, what do you do when you get there? Stay on a rigid, unhealthy diet for the rest of your life? Or do you go back to eating the way you did before and gain all that weight back? It seems like a no-win situation, because it is. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be.
Take the word fad out of the equation and replace it with healthy diet plans. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Eat more vegetables and drink more water, especially before meals. Drinking water can boost your metabolism and drinking before a meal can help you to consume less calories.
2. Limit your consumption of simple sugars and salt, and eliminate trans fatty acids. Trans fatty acids are found in margarine and manufactured cooking oils. Cook with coconut oil instead.
3. Go ahead and have eggs for breakfast! Studies show that eating eggs will help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours. Wow!
4. Enjoy those spicy foods. Cayenne pepper contains Capsaicin, which can boost your metabolism and reduce your appetite.
5. Eat more fiber. It will make you feel full faster.
6. Savor your food. Chew slowly. Not only will you enjoy it more, you will eat less and you will also increase the production of hormones that aid weight loss.
7. Eat more protein. Did you know that protein is the most important nutrient for weight loss? Not only will you burn 80 to 100 more calories a day, it will help you to feel fuller longer.
8. Fruit is a better choice than fruit juice. A glass of fruit juice actually has the same amount of sugar as a soda.
9. Skip or postpone breakfast. You weren’t expecting that one, were you? Your body is in fat burning mode early in the morning. Get an early workout in before breakfast to maximize fat loss and go about your day.
10. Lift weights. You will burn more calories and prevent loss of muscle mass. Look for a personal trainer and a dietitian who can help you create customized workout routines and meal plans.
Healthy diet plans focus on finding the right balance between energy and a healthy weight. It is a positive lifestyle change, and the key is moderation.